One of the things we love most about being in Chiang Mai is how we are surrounded by mountains. We love chilling with a great mountain view and one awesome place to do that is at Puufinn Doi. In our quest to find the top Chiang Mai food choices, we would like to give a special recommendation of this place for its unique selling point: unobstructed city view!
Puufinn Doi is a short southward drive away from the city centre. Situated on the mountaintop, the cafe offers panoramic views of Chiang Mai city. A favourite with locals, many come to enjoy the cool mountaintop breeze and decorated desserts. There are also plenty of interesting outdoor photo spots for you to take scenic selfies! If that’s your thing, coming in the morning when the sun is not too bright will be a good idea. The staff here are attentive and welcoming, and the whole cafe is chilled by many misting fans for a cooling day out.
How’s the food at Phufinn Doi?
The food tasted good, but not spectacular. The ambience and atmosphere really elevated our dining experience!
TrooperMoo food list for the day:
- Hot cappuccino (70 baht)
- Peach tea (75 baht)
- Fried karaage chicken (99 baht)
- Spaghetti with ham and dried chilli (139 baht)
- Honey black toast with mango (199 baht)
- Opening hours: 8.30 am – 6 pm
- Telephone number: +66802209660
- Facebook page
- Admission fee: 50 baht per person unless drink is purchased
- WiFi?: Yes
- Reservations required?: No
- Transport directions: Go towards the night safari and down hangdong, make a u turn at the 7 eleven and keep left straight away to turn left into the small road. Follow the signs up the hill and it will lead you straight to the car park.
- COVID measures: Registration required. Hand sanitiser provided.
- Aircon/Temperature: No aircon but plenty of fans for a cooling day out.
- Lounge chairs: Huge cushions
- View: Mountain
If you happen to be travelling in Chiang Mai, and would love to take a 3D2N escapade into the mountains, we would strongly recommend to visit Mae Taeng district! If you have no idea where it is, we wrote our recommended Mae Taeng itinerary to enjoy all it has to offer.